Do you prefer to avoid all the preservatives in the pizza at the grocery store? Don’t like not knowing what’s in the pizza you buy from a pizza place? Want to make your own pizza? Well, I have the recipe for you!
(Confession: at the time I made this blog post I was only veggie not vegan so that is real cheese in the pic but now my pizza only comes with vegan cheese on it! I’ll have to update the pictures some time)
I wanted to share a really simple pizza crust recipe that I use all the time! I love pizza but the ingredients at pizza shops are not-so-good and I hate all the preservatives in store bought pizza/pizza crust. Once I learned how simple it was to make my own pizza crust I’ve never gone back! So here it is folks:
Gluten Free, Vegan Pizza Dough Recipe
8oz (or 227g) of an all purpose gluten free flour blend (regular flour works too: 1 for 1)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp quick acting dried yeast
150 ml of warm water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast together. Make a well in the centre and slowly add the water and oil to form a soft dough.
- Kneed the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth and elastic – about 5 min.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with clingwrap. Leave to rise in a warm place for an hour
- After the hour, roll the dough out on a floured surface to your desired size and thickness
- Add your favourite toppings and throw it in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is browned
And there you have it, homemade pizza!
Do you ever make pizza at home? Do you have a recipe you love to use? Let me know if you ever try this and what your thoughts are!